Transit Anomaly?

Started by HunterG
Default_user
about 5 years ago

New here but I see a huge transit starting at Q3.2 192 days going to Q3.3 194.5 days. Is this a known star? Is that really a huge planet transit? Data corruption? Need someone experienced to help out. Thanks.

Default_user
about 5 years ago

This is a a well-known glitch. It can be seen in a lot of Q3 lightcurves. Sometimes it looks like a transit, other times it looks like an outburst. But it is neither, just a #glitch.

Default_user
about 5 years ago

Thanks! Much appreciated. BTW, do you know why we have to determine if the star shows signs of transit on the first screen? Before we are able to view all the quarters? Or am I missing some way to get to all the quarters before making that determination?

Default_user
about 5 years ago

The first screen is the start. If you find anything please mark it.

If you continue to discuss the star you can view the other quarters. Now if you see a feature in one of those quarters you'd like to point out, click on the image of the quarter and leave a comment over there. If it is interesting enough you can start a discussion, like this one.

At the moment we are classifying lightcurves in the 16th quarter. So that is where we start now. But you can always go back to the previous quarters.

Default_user
about 5 years ago

Awesome thanks, that makes sense now that I see how the workflow goes.

Please Log In to make comments.