Help

discussion

New Light Waves

Started by bronzewater4
Default_user
over 6 years ago

Science team

You sent me an email a few days ago stating that a new set of light waves were being made available, You replied to my last letter saying that the were released a short while ago, so again how come the one I’ve just classified that was first noted and classified 8 Months ago, it a little off putting to find this out again, I do not understand the reasons for this, to me and possible others that take part ,

I feel That I would soon become disappointed and give up assisting the team

Roger

Default_user
over 6 years ago

A lot of new light curves have been added for review. I have reviewed several curves from Q7 today. If you keep at it, you will see the new curves too.

Thanks,

Joe

Default_user
over 6 years ago

I could be wrong since I've only just started about a month ago myself, but I understood that part of the process is getting many people to look at each individual light curve. This way an average can be made of the markings in order to get more accurate results. I've been getting a mix of Q7 as well as previous quarters, but I don't mind looking at older data if it will help with the research.

Default_user
over 6 years ago

Yes, each light curve is viewed by many people. Truthfully, there is nothing more special about a q7 curve versus a q1 curve. There is plenty to be learned either way. In fact, I find it reassuring to go to the discussion page and see others identifying the same observation as me...

Default_user
over 6 years ago

Not to mention it gives new users a great repository of examples of correctly classified stars to compare against and there's every possibilty we can spot something in the earlier data that wasn't spotted before.

There's lots of new findings I've made in the older data that is noteworthy and simply fascinating in and of itself.

Please Log In to make comments.