Help

discussion

What does null mean if it says "transit of null days"?

Started by cappella
Default_user
over 7 years ago

I received a question from ScottyTHESlayer. He was wondering about the null in "null times the size of Earth" and "transit of null days" in sinmulated data. Seeing as I could not answer the question myself I am asking here. I wonder about it myself and have seen at least one other planet hunter being confused. Null implies zero, but obviously that is not the case.

Default_user
over 7 years ago

Did some thinking. Could it mean no need to be specified? In the sims you only see one transit so size of the Earth and transit period are not necessary.

Default_user
over 7 years ago

Capella - this is a glitch. There is a planet being simulated, but it's data is not being displayed. Its on the massive list of things to look at when they aren't launching new projects...

Default_user
over 7 years ago

Thanks constovich

Default_user
over 7 years ago

Speaking as a newbie - would it be helpful to have a sticky thread on known bugs/confusing messages? Sorry if there is already one and I haven't found it. I had assumed the 'null' thing meant that there was no transit. If there IS a transit, it would be useful for it show us where it's meant to be.

Default_user
over 7 years ago
cappella in response to arripay

arripay:

Speaking as a newbie - would it be helpful to have a sticky thread on known bugs/confusing messages? Sorry if there is already one and I haven't found it. I had assumed the 'null' thing meant that there was no transit. If there IS a transit, it would be useful for it show us where it's meant to be.

Hi arripay. Most of the times the simulated transit lights up in red. There are times when the transit is in another quarter, so it is a bit frustrating to look for something that isn't visible at first. And there are times when I can't see a transit in whatever quarter.

I know there is a thread where you can report bugs.

Please Log In to make comments.