Help

discussion

Nothing works

Started by huskydusky
Default_user
over 7 years ago

Hello,

I'm trying to pinpoint planets and all I get are the points, the three "variable", Quiet", "Don't Know".

No matter which one I click nothing happens and I keep receiving the same image over and over and can't go anywhere.

I tried three different browsers with the same result.

Any ideas on what may be causing this behavior?

Thanks

Husky

Default_user
over 7 years ago

until you get to submit your classification you won't get a new star. Have you gotten all the way to the "would you like to discuss this star?"question.

~Meg

Default_user
over 7 years ago

Nope.

Even when I click "variable" is does nothing. The three above mentioned option just won't go away. I can't even set the blue rectangles.

Default_user
over 7 years ago

are you on an ipad or a computer? have you tried logged out? and logged back in. I'd also try clearing your browser's cookies. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll forward to our developers for trouble shooting.

~Meg

Default_user
over 7 years ago

Meg,

I'm on a DELL laptop w/ Win 7 Professional (with all MS Updates current), 3 GB memory.

I tried the login/logout and to no avail. I tried on different browsers, after deleting all cookies and still got me a no-go.

All I see is a black screen, no white dots and the happy merry-go-round "spikes" in the center of the screen trying to tell me that the system is "trying" to do something - load the dots I reckon.

The only browser that somewhat responds is Google Chrome (V17...) . All others, (IE9, Opera, FF10.0.1, Safari) will not even bring up the data points (white dots).

SCREEN DESCRIPTION:

The one I'm receiving with Google Chrome is a group of agglomerated white dots on the left-hand side with a big black gap separating it from a similar group on the right-hand side. (not sure this will help). No downward dots are apparent.

BTW, I clicked (just to see what happens) in the "variable" icon, then clicked in the 'CLASSIFY". It returned to the same screen I started with (see above description of the screen).

Thanks

Husky

Default_user
over 7 years ago

You won't finish the star until it has gotten to would you like to discuss this star question - if you haven't gotten to that point it will bring you back to the same light curve. It appears in Chrome you are seeing the interface properly. Have you watched the tutorial video to see what you should be seeing?

also you could try logging out and classifying - then you should see a tutorial light curve and be able to click next through the inline tutorial.

~Meg

Please Log In to make comments.