Help

discussion

How-To: How do I spot planetary transits?!

Started by arralen
Default_user
about 5 years ago

Is there anyway of telling if you are the first to spot a transit??

And if so will you be notified if it checks out?

I'm looking for the Earth sized brain F*&K@

Default_user
about 5 years ago

stone84:

Is there anyway of telling if you are the first to spot a transit??

And if so will you be notified if it checks out?

I'm looking for the Earth sized brain F*&K@

Yes, if you're the first to identify a transit for a planet candidate/or if we are able to fully confirm the planet and we write a paper on it, you'll be acknowledged in the acknowledgements of the paper or in the author list if the paper focuses primarily one your transit discovery. We also have people make discoveries on Talk and we try to credit the first people on Talk as well if the discovery was pointed out and made on Talk.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
about 5 years ago

^ nice simulator

Default_user
about 5 years ago

Excellent, but there are soo many types is getting confussing to get a clear picture

Default_user
about 5 years ago

gapella:

Excellent, but there are soo many types is getting confussing to get a clear picture

Have you taken a look at our site guide?

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
about 5 years ago

I have marked transits on several thousand graphs but I am confused on wheather I'm doing it right or not. Seems I cant catch anyone on line to ask. Please send me a answer if u dont mind. In the mean time I'll keep[ doing what i'm doing and hope I helping

Your response will be appreciated. ponders1949@windstream.net

sencerily, Ronnie Ponder

Default_user
about 5 years ago

ponders1949@windstream.net:

I have marked transits on several thousand graphs but I am confused on wheather I'm doing it right or not. Seems I cant catch anyone on line to ask. Please send me a answer if u dont mind. In the mean time I'll keep[ doing what i'm doing and hope I helping

Your response will be appreciated. ponders1949@windstream.net

sencerily, Ronnie Ponder

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to catch someone online. Best thing to do is post on the boards and you'll get a response from the moderators, or someone from the science team, or from one of our many veteran volunteers.

Have you taken a look at our site guide? it has tips and tricks for new volunteers.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
almost 5 years ago

thank you arralan

i have been attempting to decipher these curves for about a month now w/o tutoring and got it ALL WRONG.

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Thank you for sharing!

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Thanks!

Please Log In to make comments.