discussion

Version 2 Feature Requests

Started by mschwamb
Default_user
over 5 years ago

more moderators from the science team to monitor the forum to answer questions

Default_user
over 5 years ago

My improvements would be a greater indepth of wave length classification (for more accurate analysis) To shrink down the speech bubble as it obscures the end of the light data and an unusal feature choice so we can label anything that looks obscure

Default_user
over 5 years ago

Instead of randomly assigning a quarter to classify why not allow the user to select a quarter after presenting all of them from one small window like they are displayed in collections just a little larger.

Default_user
over 5 years ago

Since it is so difficult to pick out earth sized transits from the data presented, why not start the x and y axis at a greater zoom and allow zooming out rather than in? This way large planets will automatically stand out and earth sized will be more easily be seen if they are there in the data.

Default_user
over 5 years ago

How about having the zoom level set and using that to view all quarters so you don't have to keep zooming each time you change quarters, which becomes time consuming and annoying, and have the zoom bar tide to the arrow keys so scrolling becomes easier.

Default_user
over 5 years ago

In addition to selecting from a list to view or examine a star there should be an entry field so the PH or kepler id can pull it up to be viewed.

Default_user
over 5 years ago

Is there anyone looking at this list and keeping track?

Default_user
over 5 years ago

Jasonjason:

Is there anyone looking at this list and keeping track?

We're a very small team with limited resources. So we don't currently have the developer time to make major changes to the main classification interface or Talk at the moment. We plan on doing a major revamp in the future, and will definitely take a look at the suggestions listed in this thread and get more user feedback. So definitely feel free to keep the suggestions, feedback, and critiques coming.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
over 5 years ago

A way to search through my favorites rather than going through the list one after another, and ordering the list alphabetically, radius, magnitude, spectral type, date added to favorite list and any other way you think would be appropriate.

Default_user
over 5 years ago

I forget if I mentioned it before but a way to mark or highlight slight data points all the time so it would make it easier to count and determine periods and keep the zoom at the same level for all quarters sort of like a work area or something, where your markings and zoom levels for each quarter stay put while your working with the star I think would be extremely helpful.

Please Log In to make comments.