Help

discussion
Default_user
almost 8 years ago

Hi John, the yaxis is brightness - relative normalized flux for the star.

for question 2 - it's the start of the release - Kepler releases the data in quarters - this current dayset is ~30 days -

for question 3 - yep the data shown in the lightcurves are sampled at the rate of 30 minutes - check out the science page for more info

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

1) thanks for your excellent work.

2) would like to see RA/DEC coordinates for objects in upper left, along with names of nearby landmarks.

3) The user interface bubble clips the right hand side of the dataset slightly.

Default_user
almost 8 years ago
edg

I'd really like to be able to take a closer look at APH10094062 and use the slider bars in the main interface to zoom in on it, but it seems that all I can do is look at the static image of it (white with blue dots). How can I view it in the interactive mode?

Default_user
almost 8 years ago
lizardly in response to ttfnrob (admin)

Safari crashes every time I try to get this website and Firefox does not seem to mark anything when I try to mark transits...

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

Using Chrome 8.0.552.224

All of my light curves are shifted about 3 days to the right so that I have 3 days a blank space on the left and am missing days 33-35 unless I manually adjust. I can do that, but it resets to the offset frame every new curve. Missed on instance of a possible transit (but marked the first), and only noticed it when I went to leave a comment.

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

Would it be possible to set a rolling average of a few data points? It'd make it a lot easier to spot the transits on the noisier stars in my opinion. Also, would it be possible to include a button to dump the star's data to an excel file?

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

Is there a search box for discussions? I don't want to annoy other people by asking obvious questions that have already been addressed. Thank you.

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

@wavedancer: At the top of this page, under the "Home" tab, there are options for "Browse" and "Search". That's the only search I know about.

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

How do I know if Im logged in? When I click login im back at the front page and every few stars it asks me to login again.

Default_user
almost 8 years ago

@BasTijs - I have the same problem :/

Please Log In to make comments.