Chat

discussion

PH 2.0 questions & comments

Started by mschwamb
Default_user
over 4 years ago

Hi,

In this thread, the Planet Hunters science team and Zooniverse team will try and answer your questions about the soon to be Planet Hunters 2.0. A blog post with more detail can be found here.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
over 4 years ago

I can't wait to see it :) Too bad Jupiter messed up a good portion of the data for this first campaign and fine point didn't start until halfway through, so there's ~36 days of data in campaign 0.

Are the light curves going to be be a blend of all the pixels in a given TPF file, or are the targets going to be individually extracted?

Default_user
over 4 years ago

troyw:

I can't wait to see it :) Too bad Jupiter messed up a good portion of the data for this first campaign and fine point didn't start until halfway through, so there's ~36 days of data in campaign 0.

Are the light curves going to be be a blend of all the pixels in a given TPF file, or are the targets going to be individually extracted?

Going to be extracted is my understanding. I believe there is a source finding algorithm that looks for contiguous pixels and then extracts that (but only for the target star). I'm not sure we'll be providing the information of what pixels were selected, but something that maybe can be added later to the new Talk.

Cheers.

~Meg

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Thanks, good to know.

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Hi,

A new blog post on some of the science goals for PH2.0 with the Kepler field data.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Hi,

As you've probably noticed, the site has transitioned to version 2.0! The new talk is live at http://talk.planethunters.org, but this version isn't going anywhere and will still be kept active. We'll try and check this thread for concerns or questions about the new site and talk.

We have a discussion thread open on the new talk here.

Cheers,

~Meg

Please Log In to make comments.