Chat

discussion

Please let Cappella come back to PH

Started by ajamyajax
Default_user
over 4 years ago

We all know he was a pain in the butt sometimes :), but many still miss his contributions including this humble poster. I think he always meant well and his heart is still good, he just got a little carried away back then. I am sure he will follow the rules this time. (Right, Abe?)

I believe he just wants to come back and contribute once again like the good old days. So friends in high places, please reconsider his ban because he really does want to help us here.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Long time PH contributor and planet hunter, Ajamyajax

Default_user
over 4 years ago

I second this.

Hans Martin

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Motion heard and seconded. Let's call the question.

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Even though I don't know exactly way Cappella was banned I think sometimes people should get a second chance.

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Agreed.

Default_user
over 4 years ago
JKD

I also support a second chance for a very valuable PH

Default_user
over 4 years ago

I talked with Cappella. I hope, that ZK Chris is going to cancel his ban soon!

Default_user
over 4 years ago

I'd like to add some 'Heart' into this also.

I have known Abe, must be for about 3 years now i guess! As far as I'm concerned, It's been far too long already. Personally, He's been my ever present, tutor, guide and PH wizard and has given up so much of his personal PH time simply just to help me through stuff i cant get my head around. and has got more patience than a perched up vulture. He's simply a naturally caring, dedicatet really lovely person. However..... He does have some major issues though!

1. He's a complete obsessive compulsive Star Man or perhaps 'Sponge' is a better description here!

2. The only currency he knows and deals in is the PH dollar!

3. He's told me he stopped eating regular food a long time ago! He just began eating loads of light curves at meal times and worst still, would also snack on them when ever he got peckish in between main meals.

4. The only drink he was partial too was a pint of "KEPLER SDA" (Strong Data Ale!) He told me also that he'd been drinking more and more of this moonshine since he joined the hunters, So he became a drunk and KSDA addict. Now, since that supply abruptly dried up, He's started smoking crack again to help with the terrible withdrawal symptoms!!

I suppose the big conundrum of it all for me is this:

Abe's has been A real Gemstone amongst us all. Totally dedicated to your / our Planet Hunting thing and has donated so much into its bank, and unselfishly given up just as much in time helping and empowering the needy like myself and also many, many newbeez & novices over the years. With all this in mind (And it is a lot i know, sorry) What it all means is that it really should never have happened at all! I know l may be sounding a bit bold, brash and radical without being privy to the full facts of the matter. But, does a ban continuum really make any sense now? Well, of course it doesn't, so let's do the right thing for him (and me! because honestly I'm a bit lost here on planet hunters without his enthusiasm, help and guidance) Therefore, even if it's just for me, who ever it is who holds the keys that opens the doors out there? Please, just open it. Or if it's a wand your holding! Then just wave it.

and right now would really be the best time of all!

XxDean

**_donations to:_HELP BRING OUR ABE BACK HOME. HE'S PROBABLY NOT EATEN ANYTHING IN MONTHS!_ ph dollars only_**

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Hi all

Thanks for the messages. It's great to see that people really care about the community here, to which I know I'm not as frequent a visitor as I'd like to be. We do take this seriously, I assure you.

I don't think it's appropriate for me to discuss the circumstances that led to this ban in detail in public; suffice it to say I think it's only about the third time in seven years I've had to step in and I don't do so carelessly or without thought. Criticism of all stripes in very welcome, of course (as per this thread!), but it's possible to overstep the line.

I'd be open to reviewing the situation in the future, and am in touch with Abe (I think I received an email from him yesterday to which I'll reply shortly), but I'd like to let the dust settle a little first. At present, we're still spending a lot of time arguing and chasing each other round in circles, which is not how I'd like to start a constructive dialogue.

Chris

Default_user
over 4 years ago

well i dont know what has been going on but ive been here for a long time and in that time spent mostly in PH and GZ Abe has always reached out to help me any time i had a question in PH. I do hope this get resolved as Abe, in my eyes, is an important asset to this project

thanks for listening

Billy

Please Log In to make comments.