Chat

discussion

Help Improve Planet Hunters Talk

Started by mschwamb
Default_user
over 4 years ago

Hiya,

I thought I'd post about this after after seeing a post on the Daily Zooniverse. blog.

The Zooniverse is looking for feedback on Talk and what you like and don't like about the current version of Planet Hunters Talk as well as what other features you'd like to see. You can find more information including the feedback form here. I hope you'll take a few minutes to share your experiences with Planet Hunters Talk and your thoughts and ideas for new features and capabilities.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
over 4 years ago

Done!

Default_user
over 4 years ago

I don't really enjoy how talk.planethunters.org is so separated from the normal planethunters website. Why don't you make an initiative to link them together so that conversation is not so ...removed from the actual classifying of planets. Maybe there could be an option to leave a quick comment on a star right in the star classification interface? I also don't like that I don't get the chance to talk about a star until after I have classified it. It would be nice to see other comments before you finishing doing your markings.

I would also like the homepage of talk.planethunters.org to feature more threads from the chat boards. Some people don't actually know there is a hover option at the top underneath Boards which says chat, so they never go to it. Also, that top navigation is clunky in general - you can see it covering up the Moon Zoo logo and the Account button is slightly larger than the Home and Boards buttons. What's with that?

Another issue. I have no clue how to edit my profile and add a picture.

Default_user
over 4 years ago

warnakey:

I don't really enjoy how talk.planethunters.org is so separated from the normal planethunters website. Why don't you make an initiative to link them together so that conversation is not so ...removed from the actual classifying of planets. Maybe there could be an option to leave a quick comment on a star right in the star classification interface? I also don't like that I don't get the chance to talk about a star until after I have classified it. It would be nice to see other comments before you finishing doing your markings.

I would also like the homepage of talk.planethunters.org to feature more threads from the chat boards. Some people don't actually know there is a hover option at the top underneath Boards which says chat, so they never go to it. Also, that top navigation is clunky in general - you can see it covering up the Moon Zoo logo and the Account button is slightly larger than the Home and Boards buttons. What's with that?

Another issue. I have no clue how to edit my profile and add a picture.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions. Have you filled out the feedback form linked in the blog post I mentioned above? If not, can you please fill it out and add your comments to make sure the Zooniverse development team gets them. I'm not sure if the development team will be reading this thread or not.

In terms of the not letting people discuss before finishing classifying that's mainly so people's behavior isn't changed by what they read on Talk. On Talk if someone for example saw that previous classifiers had written that the light curve had a known planet candidate in it, they might be more likely to mark a transit in it than if they examined a light curve where someone hadn't commented that. So for this project, we want your unbiased opinion and that's why we don't currently allow classifiers to view the Talk discussion until after the classification has been submitted.

Cheers,

~Meg

Please Log In to make comments.