Help

discussion
Default_user
almost 7 years ago

If you need a quick answer to something on the site (main site or Talk) then I'll be checking in on this board over the next few days and will try to answer. In general we will be fixing issues and bugs over the next day or two - if you want to report a bug, then doing it here is fine.

I'm Rob and I work at Zooniverse HQ on the developer team for the project.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
edg

Will do! Hopefully I'm reporting them appropriately here!

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Is this all just simulated data?

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
ttfnrob (admin) in response to edg

EDG: Report away!

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
ttfnrob (admin) in response to ocgibson

ocgibson: Not at all! The light curves on Planet Hunters are taken from the Kepler public data release. We have added a small percentage of synthetic curves into the mix in order to test that the website is working properly. You are looking at real data from real stars that might have planets around them!

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

This isn't a bug, but a feature request for planethunters 2.0: Could you possibly have a "back" or "cancel" button like you do for the Milky Way Project? I was so entranced by a graph that I inadvertently hit the "No" button in the transit section. I know, it's my bad, but for idiots like me a do-over would be appreciated. :-)

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
ttfnrob (admin) in response to kbaskins

Yep - that is our todo list. thanks.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
uphoff in response to ttfnrob (admin)

I have some difficulties in using the planet hunter. Every three stars or so, I'm asked to logon again.

Bug?

Michel

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

I find the blue images that get posted to talk so much easier to see/look at than the ones we classify.

I guess this is because you can see the whole thing/chart (sorry I don’t know what to call it) at once.

Is there a way on the classifying page to just simply scroll back and forth along the chart, without altering its view?

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

It needs a back button for accidental clicks

Please Log In to make comments.