Chat

discussion

Version 2 Feature Requests

Started by mschwamb
Default_user
over 6 years ago

I would second the request for a scalable Y-axis. Thanks.

Hans Martin Schwengeler

Default_user
over 6 years ago

A stray thought from the world of gaming - can we map left and right X axis movement to the A and D, or left and right arrows? Freeing up the mouse to drag boxes without using the slider bar would be nice.

Default_user
over 6 years ago

I'll second... third... nth the custom Y-axis request, if only because outliers sometimes make the Y-zoom feature useless unless you also zoom the X axis.

Also, would it be possible to introduce new reply notifications in Talk (including object comments)?

Default_user
about 6 years ago

One thing that would be very helpful in forum discussions is to tag each post with an ID number. That way we could refer to a specific post by its identifier rather than quoting from the source. This would be particularly helpful for long posts where direct quoting is impactical.

An even better approach would be to provide a direct link to the entry. Unless I'm mistaken, the best we can do right now is to link to the page but not to a specific post on that page.

Default_user
about 6 years ago

I sometimes thought of a tool to display a scalable and movable grid overlay drawn over the light curve (mainly for the X-axis). You would position the first line of the grid over a suspected transit and then scale the grid by moving the second line until it falls over a second transit. Then you could check with the remaining lines if they fall over some transit-like feature too. Ideally it would extend over all quarters, and could be activated or de-actived as needed.

Yours, Hans Martin Schwengeler

Default_user
about 6 years ago

I would like to be able to enter a search with someone at the same time, so we could collaborate (chat) at the same time, and have a way to track down your friends so you would no where to go, I'm for sure this would make the hunting way more precise, there would be no planet safe from detection : ), I got this Idea from playing the old game Diablo, so I know it possible, ...... it would be kind of like every one being able to create there own chat hunting room that as many as 6 people could enter ( I say 6 so lagging isn't a problem).......keep in mind though your ganna need to get hip to the mod-hakers and bot makers, because people will be jealous and try to freeze up the site or chat rooms that teems of people are on, this would be so great then people that like to find Binary or planets or flares could all stick together, I would recommend you contact Blizzard they are the ones that run the world of war craft and diablo, if you've ever played world of war craft then you'd know what I'm saying,

Default_user
about 6 years ago

are there useful links that would be good to have available on the star source pages?

Default_user
about 6 years ago

Things (links) I always use:

http://nsted.ipac.caltech.edu/applications/ETSS/Kepler_index.html (NStED)

http://www.kianjin.com/bcalc.html (Impact Parameter Calculator)

http://www.kianjin.com/pcalc.html (Planetary Calculator)

Default_user
about 6 years ago

Hi, in order to have more stars classification, you should make the number more apparent and show some encouraging messages, perhaps appearing randomly in 100 or so classifications, and maybe some beautiful stars pics as a reward?. Y-scalable issue also appreciated.

Good job anyway, thanks from France.

Default_user
about 6 years ago

I would like to see an overlay of everyones picks so that when you visit a stars' discussion board you can see where people placed their transits. It should actually be pretty informative in a lot of ways. Not only can you get a feeling for what transits are you can spot patterns that stand out the strongest as I think the planets we are looking for (smaller ones have smaller transits that may get lost in the noise). Any thoughts?

Please Log In to make comments.