Chat

discussion

Version 2 Feature Requests

Started by mschwamb
Default_user
about 4 years ago

I would like to be able to "collect" a star from the classification page, rather than having to open a talk page...

Default_user
about 4 years ago
cappella in response to jbroekma

jbroekma:

I would like to be able to "collect" a star from the classification page, rather than having to open a talk page...

There is a caption that says "Mark as Favorite".

Default_user
about 4 years ago

cappella:

jbroekma:

There is a caption that says "Mark as Favorite".

I wanted to bring note, that New Talk makes an automatic collection from a person's favorite. It seems like a handy feature, and we should get that for Planet Hunters when a version 2.0 of the site is built and launched.

Cheers,

~Meg

Default_user
about 4 years ago

I found a planet scientists need to talk go on my profile cammy2005

Default_user
about 4 years ago

Please

Default_user
about 4 years ago

I am only 7 years old

Default_user
over 3 years ago

Maybe instant feedback would encourage new planet hunters to stick around? Crowdsourcing of ideas isn't perfect, but a thumbs up/thumbs down vote on posts seems to help on message boards. And something like that might help you find the more likely new transit candidates in all that were posted. Also perhaps when voting like this, the software could remind the user that the light curve is already a Kepler Favorite, confirmed planet, EB, FP, or on the TCE list.

Default_user
over 3 years ago

I am sad. I have classified every star. There are none left :(

I think that more time should be spent on improving the user experience of this site. I would love to know the exact days that recording were taken. For example May 1st - June 5th. That would make it a lot easier to figure out time scales instead of this Q1 stuff. Also, when someone leaves a comment on a star, I would like to know what Quarter (or time period) they were classifying instead of just telling me when the comment was left. Sometimes it gets confusing trying to figure out what quarter people are referring to.

Default_user
over 3 years ago

warnakey:

I am sad. I have classified every star. There are none left :(

I think that more time should be spent on improving the user experience of this site. I would love to know the exact days that recording were taken. For example May 1st - June 5th. That would make it a lot easier to figure out time scales instead of this Q1 stuff. Also, when someone leaves a comment on a star, I would like to know what Quarter (or time period) they were classifying instead of just telling me when the comment was left. Sometimes it gets confusing trying to figure out what quarter people are referring to.

A note to say I've emailed the team about this 'out of data' issue. It's a holiday weekend in the United States, where the developers who know how to work with the Planet Hunters backend are, so this may take a bit longer to fix. We are working on sorting this, and hopefully will have light curves back showing very soon. Apologies for the frustration and inconvenience.

Thanks for the feedback, in the rebuild of the site we're planning I'll make that suggestion.

~Meg

Default_user
over 3 years ago

x favore qualcuno mi sa dire se è possibile in italiano

Please Log In to make comments.