Help

discussion
Default_user
almost 7 years ago

When looking at a 3-5 day window almost all stars show distinct variability curves. What is the defining characteristics that differentiate a transit event and a point where two or more of the star's natural cycles reinforce each other?

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Hi. I'm trying the finder, but I'm not sure it's working properly. When I 'mark' a star, should there be a visual indication of what I've already marked? Because I'm not seeing any confirmation of my markings.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

And on a related note, I assume that just because a star has natural variability cycles that is shouldn't be classified as variable? How do we differentiate between the two things?

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

H Lironah, this is Meg from the Science Team - not sure what you mean - like when you click yes or no to is this star variable?

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
sH44 in response to kbaskins

You should simply refresh site and it will go back to the first question.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

I'd like to hear an expert opinion on this star to help learn how to distinguish transit events from "pulses". I eventually decided there were no transit events here, but I'm not sure that's correct.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Also: the "link" button above the comment box is apparently broken :)

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Hi guys. I have no way of starting a discussion? only an option of adding comments to already existing ones. Is this right?

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Hello Team, you did a great job!!!!

How many stars I have to classify to change from Rookie to a jedi?

You told there will be credits. I have look for more then hundreds ........

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Hello, sorry if this has been suggested already, but on the discussion pages about stars can we have the dot and a line graph much like the one at the bottom of the screen during the questions? It can help when there are either transits very close to one another/very large dips.

Thankyou.

Cuffeee

Please Log In to make comments.