Help

discussion
Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Hi - this is Debra from the Science team. You might take a look at planethunters.org/science and see if that gives you some more information. But, the strategy is to log in (need a zooniverse login and password) and answer three questions about the light curve.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

http://www.planethunters.org/sciencestarted = error message:-

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Nice site! Do I mark a transit with just one box, or mark each measurement point (which I've been doing, but now realise is probably wrong)? Cheers

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
jspronck in response to remcodekok

Hi there, this is Julien from the Science team. Only one box per transit event is needed, no need for one per data point.

Cheers

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

OK got it. The transit button isn't drag and drop. Both unexpected and peculiar.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
jspronck in response to christheneck

Hi there, the link with the tutorial video should be http://www.planethunters.org/science.

Cheers

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

mschwamb in response to uphoff

Hi, I'm Meg from the Science team. It's not a bug, we're reminding you to log in so you can get credit for your discoveries and get access to the best lightcurves. <<

Hi Meg,

Sorry, I WAS logged in but got logged out three times in a row. Maybe the server is overloaded, the site is slow as molasses here in Holland. Couldn't get any further than four curves. After that the site didn't respond at all. Will try it later on. There's a small bug: The Alt attribute of the No button in the balloon "discuss this star" is "+" . Btw: I don't think the "Discuss this star" question has to be asked after each star, it takes an extra click (and a lot of time if the site will stay this slow). Imo it's better to make a 'discuss' button that is not mandatory.

Tried the site again after two hours, still unusable slow. Waiting more than 5 minutes now for the next screen.

Default_user
almost 7 years ago
uphoff in response to ttfnrob (admin)

Still get logged out automatically after three stars or so. After the first "No" in the balloon "Like to discuss this star" my login name disappears at the top of the screen, and three stars later I'm invited to log in again...

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

It would help me understand what I'm looking at if I understood some of the technical elements behind the images:

1. What's the Y-axis measuring and in what units, or is it simply a relative index of magnitude?

2. What does the "start of the quarter" refer to in the X-axis? Is it just an arbitrary start point for a three-month period or something else?

3. What is the "frame rate" of Kepler? I think I saw someone say on the board that the data points are collected every 30 minutes - is that correct?

Thanks, John

Default_user
almost 7 years ago

Hi Meg,

Updated Google Chrome and it looks like the logon and speed problems are gone...

Please Log In to make comments.